Child Development Assessment for Behavioural and/or Learning Difficulties.
Breast Feeding Concerns.
Dr “KK” (Ka-Kiu Cheung) offers specialised developmental assessments for children with behavioural and/or learning difficulties and a breast-feeding support service. Dr KK is an experienced GP with special interests in pregnancy care, children’s health and parenting support.
She has experience in:
- Antenatal care including higher risk pregnancies.
- Unsettled babies Breast feeding concerns.
- Developmental and behavioural concerns in children.
- Learning difficulties.
Dr KK currently works two days a week at Broadbeach Medical Centre. In addition she works as part of a multi-disciplinary team at the Gold Coast University Hospital in an antenatal clinic and developmental paediatric clinic. She has previously worked at the Mater Mother’s Parenting Support Clinic, Mater Mother’s Hospital Antenatal Clinic and BreastScreen Queensland.
- STEP 2 education course – Breast feeding essentials for physicians.
- Master of Public Health.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
- Diplomate of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Hons), University of Queensland.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
Fees for Specialised Development Assessments and Breast-feeding Support
|Initial Appointment:||Parent and Child (approx. 40-60 mins)||$300 (Rebate $147.90)|
|Review Appointment:||20-30 mins||$150 (Rebate $73.95)|
**24 hours’ notice of cancellation is required to avoid a non-attendance fee.**
These clinics are bridging services between your GP and specialist paediatric care. Assessment results and management plans will be forwarded to your usual GP to enable ongoing care. Although a referral is not required, a letter from your GP is highly recommended.